1.11.2010

Sitting in Sweats

I am maybe the worst networker in the world.  In pretty much any area.  Work-related, blog-related, etc.

Part of it is that I just feel presumptuous networking.  Like, why should I act all "hey, look at me" when I don't even really know what I'm doing.

I joined 20SB, last year during a period of unemployment (which unfortunately did not coincide with unemployment checks as my previous employment had been temporary--yay for being an intern!).

I found myself with oodles of time on my hands, so I thought, "why not?!"

It was a short-lived experience where I "added" a few friends, found a few new blogs, and even had a somewhat creepy conversation via chat with a "blogger."  I still don't really believe that he was.

When I say "short-lived experience," I don't actually mean that it's ended.  I'm still a member.

But really, I don't use 20SB much because why would I ask someone to come check out my half-hearted attempt at blogging that sometimes goes neglected for weeks on end.

(If you're reading my blog for the first time, ignore that last sentence all together.  Seriously.  I put A LOT of effort into my blog.  Everyday.  Except when I don't.)

The blogging over the past month or so was really lame.  I blame that on the fact that I didn't work for most of it, and you can write about sitting on your couch in sweatpants so many times.

Preferably, I shouldn't write about that at all.

I've decided that as a semi-New Year's resolution, I'm going to put a little more effort into my blogging (but not my networking).

No comments:

Post a Comment