8.26.2009

Rocking Out

So, I'm back. To the blog world, that is. I didn't actually go anywhere.

We've gotten our family/visitors sent off. My uncle David and his family are flying back to MA and Stevie (the sis) is headed back to school on the other side of the state. She should be over half way there now.

It's been a crazy few weeks full of visitors, fun, and a little bit of sun.

Last night, I traveled an hour and a half to the City with friends for a Late Tuesday concert at the Triple Door. I have to say, if you are ever tempted to go see a concert there, just do it.

The venue is awesome, with tables and booths, and there is a full dinner menu. Yummy! Probably the most "grown-up" show I've ever been to.

It was in stark contrast with the Emerson Drive show my sister and I went to last Wednesday.

It was fair week up north of town, which includes the usual fair-type activites: lifestock, rides, games, food, rodeo, music and much more.

Tuesday last, I got a text from a friend saying that she knew the bassist for Emerson Drive. She got my sis and I hooked up with tickets, back stage passes, and visit to the tour bus and free beer.

The set up at our fair for main stage is pretty crazy and involves a John Deere tractor, a rodeo arena and a stage on wheels. It's pretty awesome.

The sis and I got to meet the band and chat with them, so thanks to Arlo for hosting us. It was a blast!

Needless to say, I have a bit of a concert bug now. I know Keith Urban is coming this direction, and last I checked there were tickets left. Eek.

Any other good shows you know of/would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment