8.11.2009

A Costa Rican Taxi Ride

I know that yesterday I said I wasn't going to talk about Costa Rica again for a while, but I lied.

I just have to tell you about my cabby on the way to the airport. He was a riot who put up with my rather poor Spanish and made my last memory from the country an enjoyable one.

Have I mentioned him? I don't think so, but let me check.

Nope, haven't mentioned him yet.

I believe his name was Marvin, but I can't be sure.

He spent the entire trip to the airport trying to convince me that I needed to be back in Costa Rica in a year, with him as my taxi driver and Spanish instructor.

Marvin also informed me that while I don't have a husband now, it won't take me long to find one because I have a beautiful face. He also promised that he wasn't being creepy and I couldn't spread rumors about him.

We spoke of his daughters and my siblings, where I had visited on my trip, and the good people of Heredia.

Marvin, I promise that if I come back to Costa Rica, you'll be the first taxi driver that I'll call.

Cross my heart.

1 comment:

  1. And Liz, I think I told you this but Marvin informed us the next morning that you definitely were coming back in a year and described you as "especial". You apparently were as memorable to him as he was to you.

    ReplyDelete