8.03.2009

All filled up.

I'm sitting in the airport in Costa Rica (note to Houston and Seattle: get cracking on free internet) about to board a plane back home.

I paid my visitor tax, checked my bag (49.5 lbs., thank you very much), and got through security.

Then I realized I had over 14,000 colones left from my trip. While it made me feel rich, that money will be useless once I land in Texas.

So I did what any good tourist trying to boost the local economy would do...I visited the gift shop.

Let's just say I won't be coming home empty handed.

Speaking of which, when I left the states my bag weighed 45 lbs. and I left behind my shampoo, conditioner and body wash. And I didn't even pack all my purchases.

You are welcome, Costa Rican economy.

I've never been good about packing light. Efficiently, yes; lightly, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment