4.14.2008

Health

We are bombarded daily about what we need to do to be healthy people.

Exercise, eat right, be happy, be in a relationship, have money, etc. And when you can't achieve those things on your own there are a myriad of things you can ingest to help you.

Drugs (legal and illegal), alcohol, the right gym, the right diet. Can't do it on your own, just pay to get it done.

But is that really what life is all about?!

Don't get me wrong, I want to be healthy. I exercise as regularly as I can manage, eat mostly healthy food, work forty hours a week.

At the same time, I am single, not sure what I am doing with my life, and weigh a little more than I would like.

The thing is...I'm okay with that.

Because that's the here and now. There are things that are much more important to me. The forever, first of all. But also loving this life I am living and the people I am living it with. Who cares if I'm not a size two, not that any amount of diet and exercise would ever get me there.

I think it comes down to priorities. What matters the most to you?

I know what matters to me and that's how I'm going to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment