4.18.2008

The Answer to Life

So I was planning on just writing about the fact that I met Jackie Joyner-Kersee tonight, but something else came up that I felt compelled to share.

Some friends and I figured out the secret to avoiding singledom.

Shoulder pads.

Think about it. How many of your mothers wear, or did wear shoulder pads? And are they single?

I don't think this is some sort of coincidence. My mother is ages away from single. She definitely wore shoulder pads, too.

I, on the other hand, have never worn shoulder pads in my life. My shoulders are big enough on their own thank you, but I am no where near being in a relationship.

This leads me to a bigger question. What is the appeal of shoulder pads? What is their purpose?

Obviously making shoulders appear larger. I would assume. This topic deserves some more in depth consideration.

But for now ladies, if you're single and wondering why...shoulder pads. It might be time to invest.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, E, that was a period in my life I'd just as soon forget. However, to punch a hole in your theory, I never wore shoulder pads until I was married...

    ReplyDelete