2.15.2008

Journey to the Land of Oz

Today I traveled. Luckily I made it, but the journey was not without excitement.

First of all, I had to wake up and do my laundry and pack this morning. So even though I didn't need to leave until 10:30 I was up by 7:30.

Second, I had to travel on a toll road. And I was without cash. I now I have three ISF (Insufficient fund) receipts that need to be mailed by Monday.

At the airport, after contemplating coffee and/or sustenance (it didn't happen) I trekked through security, rode the shuttle complete with music and an excited narrator before and after every stop, and waited with hundreds of my closest friends for them to call my row to board.

I survived the flight. We landed, deboarded, and wrestled my luggage off the conveyor belt.

But the trip to the final destination was slowed down by a bank robbery, road blocks, and a high speed chase.

Now I have finally eaten dinner and am prepared to enjoy the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment