I was tagged by my blog friend Decoy Betty a while ago to share 11 things about me. I'm super excited to finally get to it.
First, I need to share the rules with you. These are very important...
1) You must post these rules.
2) Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4) You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5) Go to their page and tell them you linked him or her.
6) No tag backs.
7) No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You have to legitimately tag 11 people.
(P.S. I don't know there was such a thing as legitimate tagging. Lesson learned.)
11 Things About Me:
1. I don't really like chicken. I don't hate it, but it will never be my first choice of meat.
2. I kind of have a thing for semi-trashy romance novels, as long as they're also semi-well written. I know, that doesn't really make sense.
3. I'm addicted to Downton Abbey. And it's about to come on. Yay!
4. Thursday is my favorite day of the week.
5. I spend a lot of time in sweatpants.
6. Milk is best when served ice cold (and with a cookie).
7. I had never really driven a stick until I bought the car I have now (five years ago). But now I can't even count the number of manuals I have driven. (I mean, I probably could if I really took the time to think about it, but that seems like a lot of work.) Weird, right?
8. I recently celebrated National Peanut Butter Day (today, Jan. 24), Cheese Lover's Day (Jan. 20), and National Pizza Week (Jan. 9-15). What a great couple weeks of food!
9. Speaking of food, I'm addicted to cupcakes (how hipster of me, I know), especially the little, adorable cupcake shop down the road from us.
10. I'm really not sure what exactly I want to be when I grow up. That's why I'm in grad school, so I don't have to decide. I have things I want to do but no real big goal. If that makes any sense.
11. I still haven't purchased a parking pass this quarter, which means I've been paying each night I go to campus (not cost efficient at all).
My answers to Decoy Betty's questions:
1. What motivates you?
My faith, the desire to please other, my need for perfection, and doing things I care about.
2. How do you like your TV series, on DVD for watching all at once or doled out once a week?
I actually prefer once a week so I don't waste anymore time than necessary. The DVD versions always suck you in and then you watch 7 episodes instead of the 1 or 2 you meant to. That said, I have been busy catching up on Downton Abbey and highly recommend it.
3. True or false: they don't make boy bands like they used to.
True. Other than the Jonas Brothers, what has there been recently?
4. What's the comfort food you go to when you need a pick me up?
Mac 'n' Cheese or some sort of soup. Yum!
5. How would you spend your ideal day?
Sleeping in, doing something outside in the sunshine, reading some, seeing some of my favorite people, eating really good food.
6. If there is something holding you back, what is it?
7. I just heard Sofia Vergara say that she is actually blonde but dyes her hair brunette. When Ellen asked her who has fun, blondes or brunettes, Sofia responded "girls with bigger boobs." True or false?
No idea. I've never been blonde nor do I fall into the big boobs category.
8. Talk me through your next honeymoon.
Well, since there's no honeymoon in the near or distant future for me, I have no idea. I'd prefer to somewhere tropical, where there are things to do but also plenty of time for relaxation.
9. What are you jonesing for right now? (could be food, clothing item, a pair of shoes, whatever!).
Currently, a burger from Dick's since it's buy 1 get 1 free for their anniversary. Also, something warm and delicious to drink.
10. What's your favorite Roald Dahl book?
The BFG. Loved that book.
11. What sound is the most annoying to you?
That sound when you turn the car steering wheel too far. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It makes me cringe.
The 11 People I'm Tagging:
Mom, Christine, Stephanie, Stephany, Stevie, Bianca, Amy, Danielle, Rachael, Michelle, and Erin. (Also, I totally won't hate you if you don't do all of this.)
1. What is one thing you can't leave the house without?
2. Tell me the best place you've ever visited or vacationed.
3. You have to sing karaoke to save my life. What song do you choose?
4. If you could change one thing in the past week, what would it be?
5. What have you been eating a lot of recently?
6. If you were going to be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
7. What is your least favorite chore?
8. If you had to live one place the rest of you life, where would it be?
9. What shows do you watch regularly?
10. Do you have any big trips coming up? If so, what?
11. Who is your hero?