1.31.2012

Ten on Tuesday: Back from a Break

I'm cranking this post out quickly before class starts for the night.  The day kind of got away from me.

Chelsea took a couple weeks off, for good reason.  But the questions are back this week, brought to us by Kara's Chatter.  Enjoy hearing all about my eating habits.  As a disclaimer, though my answers might make it sound otherwise, I do love sugar.  Just not with my veggies.

1. What's your variety of apple?
Crisp and not too sweet.  I don't do soft, overripe apples.

2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
English.  I'm very proper.

3. Tomatoes - delicious or disgusting?
Depends.  I'm not a tomato lover, but they are absolutely necessary in some dishes.  Also, tomatoes homegrown and freshly picked in the summer can't be beat.

4. What's one fruit or vegetable that you can't stand and why is that?
I don't like cooked carrots.  They get too sweet and mushy (see first answer).  Oh, and peas are yucky.  There aren't many things I won't eat though.

5. What's your favorite way to prepare veggies?
Roasted, for sure, with olive oil and some good spices.  Or grilled in the summer.  Yum!

6. Sweet potato pie: love it or hate it?
Ambivalent.  I prefer my sweet potatoes offset by some savory, not with more sugar added.

7. What's your favorite "style" of french fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut other?
Sweet potato, actually.  Or fries from Wendy's dipped in a frosty.  Otherwise, I'm pretty open to any french fry.

8. What's your favorite fruit pie filling?
I'm not really a pie person.  I like raw pie crust, but it loses it's appeal to me once it's baked.  I prefer pies with cookie crusts.  However, my favorite pies are apple, fresh out of the oven.

9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
We had no thank you helpings when we went to other people's houses, so we at least had to try things. At home, we always ended up having to take as many bites as we were years old.

10. Do you drink veggie and fruit juice blends (such as V8) or make them yourself?
I rarely drink them or make them.  Occasionally I'll have a pre-made blended juice when I'm desperate for fruits and veggies.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a pie person either, really. Mostly because people tend to fill them with fruit. But pecan or coconut creme? Gimme...

    Yes, I really only like the two fattiest kinds there are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up I HATED cooked carrots! They were so awful I would gag, but my parents still made me eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these questions. I am so happy this is apple season, and there are so many varieties to try. I am also an English cuke girl (i am lazy and they don't need to be peeled). Also, apple pies fresh out of the over are the best!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like cooked carrots either but I do love them raw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold the phone... raw pie crust? WT?

    ReplyDelete