7.04.2010

4th of July

Let's get something out of the way...Happy Independence Day!!!

It feels like time is flying.  Somehow, a week has passed without me posting, but it doesn't feel that long at all.

Last weekend's basketball extravanganza was fun, but not as successful as a competitive person such as myself would hope.  Although, if I was playing basketball more often, I would feel a lot worse about it.

My uncle is currently visiting from FINLAND.  It's fun to have him here, especially for my grandpa who has been counting down the days.

Additionally, for the 4th of July (a mere 3 weeks from my birthday), my sister came home for the weekend.  It's fun to have her around.  She was also lucky enough to get to mow lawns with me yesterday.

And boy, did we have the time of our lives.  I spent the last hour weedeating.  So yeah, not so fun.

I'm currently dogsitting (just overnight) for a family friend.  I'm sitting at the computer and the dogs are out wandering around.  Last night they went for a bit of an adventure, but eventually meandered home on their own.  I was told that was normal.

Unfortunately, unlike most of the rest of the country, it hasn't really been summer here in the Northwest.  Today is overcast with a chance of rain and a high in the low 60s.  That's something to look forward to.

At least there is a small likelihood anything will burn down tonight.

I'm off (in a couple hours) to spend the day with family and eat a lot of food, just as soon as the dogs wander home again.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha- I feel a connection with your sister. My college was a little over an hour away from my parent's house. People wondered why I never went home. I would tell them- the neverending yard work, random house projects, or "farm stuff" I'd get sucked into if I spend more than two or three hours there. No thanks! :p

    Crazy about having the same birthday! I swear, there's an abnormal amount of people who have bdays in that week- am I right? I have at least 6 or 7 good friends within 5 or 6 days of me. No lie...

    ReplyDelete