3.03.2010

Sore Muscles

I played basketball Sunday night for the first time in a couple months.  And I played for an hour and a half.

Then I felt like an old woman.

Now I'm thinking if that's what I felt like at 24 after not having played for a while, what will I feel like in 5, 10 or even 20 years.

Well, I probably won't be playing an hour and a half of basketball 20 years from now.  But one never really knows.

I think more muscles were sore from those pick-up games (spent guarding my 6'2" brother, no less) than any of my recent (and few and far between) lifting sessions I've done at the gym.

Barely being able to get out of bed on Tuesday made me realize how much I would like to really be in shape.

And it motivated me to go back to the gym.  Today.  Once my muscles had recovered a little.

Of course, I followed the visit to the gym with a dinner at Olive Garden, which is a little counter-productive, but I'm over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment