3.23.2010

Spring Break breaks down

I'm trying really hard to not become an embittered old woman.

Up until a couple weeks ago I thought I'd be lying beside a pool right now.  In Mexico.  Where the temperature is in the 80s.

But then I couldn't find anyone to go with me.  It's like they all have normal lives with normal jobs that don't actually give them spring breaks.

Whatever that's about.

Add to that the fact that I wasn't really interested in being in Mexico, by myself, for a week.  I hear things area  little dicey down there.

And to be honest, I would have been without the internet AND my cell phone.  So I would have been really alone.

I don't think I could have afforded buying and packing enough books to get me through the week.  I'm a fast reader.

Instead I'm sitting at home and doing exciting things like finishing my taxes (which weren't much of an uplifter this year) and finally putting my clothes away.

It's a crazy party here.  You know, like spring break tends to be.

I've decided to counter balance the thought that I could be sunbathing right now, I'm going to spend as much time as possible in sweats.

And you can't stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment