3.29.2010

Living to Dye

One of my gifts for my dad this Christmas was a tie-dye kit.  By request, not just something I randomly picked up along the way.

But up until yesterday, the kit had sat untouched somewhere in the cavern known as Dad's side of the closet.

Before my sister headed back to school after a week of Spring Break we grabbed shirts and started rubber banding.

It was messy, but fun, and we didn't really have a clue what we were doing.

When there was still dye left and all our shirts were done, Dad couldn't stop.  That would be a waste.

So he tie-dye underwear.

Seriously.

Remember how I said we didn't really know what we were doing.  Unfortunately, all the clothes were tossed into the washing machine for a rinse cycle.

Anything that had been white going in came out a purplish color.

Lesson learned for round #2.  Whenever that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment