3.19.2010

Wine and Basketball

I've decided since I can't seem to post with any real regularity that I should at least shoot for a weekly round up.

If I set my expectations low, maybe I'll actually meet them.

Last Saturday, I went wine tasting.  Five wineries in just a couple hours.  My favorite spot was a little mom & pop place that had food pairings (including a toasted mini marshmallow) with each wine taste.

I also tasted more red wine in one day than I ever thought possible.

It's not that I don't like red wine.  It's just that I haven't had much.  It gives my mom killer head aches, and my dad isn't the biggest fan, so it's around our house much.

Between my dad and I, we came back from wine tasting with 7 normal bottles of wine and 4 1.5 liter bottles.  Which is kind of large.

On a completely unrelated note, yesterday and today are two of my most favorite days of the year.

Why?

Two words: March madness.  

I love basketball.  As I mentioned last week.  The first two days of the NCAA men's basketball tournament are the best.  Period.

This year it's made ever better by the fact that I'm not working these days.  It's finals this week and spring break next week, so I don't have to work.

What can I say, my life is really rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment