5.21.2009

Dabbling

I have the tendency of picking up a hobby or activity, but not really sticking with it.

Don't believe me? You need to look no further than my acoustic guitar in the corner of my room and the basket of yarn and knitting needles.

This means that choosing a new hobby that requires a significant financial investment is probably not the best of choices.

That didn't stop me from spending some money last week, though.

I've had a hankering for a nice camera for a while, and when the Canon Rebel XSi went on sale at Costco a couple weeks ago, I pretty much started salivating.

Two days later I was lugging home a new camera, with two lenses, bag and other accessories, and swearing to myself that this time would be different. I will put this to use, dang it.

The current plan is to take advantage of a much slower paced summer (right now I'm working 6-7 days a week, in a couple weeks it will be just a couple) and learn how to use this fancy new machine.

For now, all I have to show for my purchase is a bunch of pictures of our dogs, which I will not bore you with by posting here. But hopefully someday in the not-so-distant future, I will be able to share some decent pictures with you.

Only time will tell if I actually follow through this time.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean we can finally expect to see some pictures up in this mutha?

    ReplyDelete