8.30.2012

Awkward and Awesome: End of Summer

This year, Labor Day weekend is actually marking the end of my summer. School doesn't start for a couple weeks but I am starting an internship (more on that later) on Tuesday. So I am soaking up the last few days of freedom with a visit out to the islands.

Also, I just had the realization that this could be my last real summer. I mean, I have stretched it out for 27 years, but that doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

Anyways, onto the awesome and awkward moments of late.

Awkward:
- The amount of stuff you realize you have when moving (something anyone who has ever moved has probably said). I am so ready to downsize. But I am also trying not to go overboard since the closet at my new place is tiny and also has to fit my coats.
- Scaring my downstairs neighbor--the one I haven't met yet. I was opening my door right as he was coming out. He literally jumped. And then basically ran away.
- Having no clue what class to take to finish out my degree. I'm really unsure.
- Not actually getting this posted on Thursday. But it is getting posted.

Awesome:
- One last summer getaway this weekend. I'm headed out to the islands with the fam. My uncle is hosting us and we're bringing him some essentials.
- I got an internship!! I'll be working on the digital team at a local TV station starting Tuesday. So excited!!
- I'm at my parents' house for the night and the puppy is cuddled up next to me. He's in a bit of a hellion stage right now (we'll call it puberty), but he's so dang cute.
- I finally saw Dark Knight Rises and really enjoyed it. Also, I basically drove into town, changed into yoga pants in the parking lot (classy!), and walked in to see the first preview. Perfect!
- Officially only having one apartment. Bliss!

So, what has been awkward or awesome about your week?

7 comments:

  1. congrats on getting the internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats on the internship! How exciting!!! And good luck with the downsizing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, the end of summer.
    At least you had a great one.

    And congratulations on scoring an internship! GO YOU!

    I'm glad you liked Dark Knight. Such a good film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate moving! You discover that you hoard way more than you think you do.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend's pup is in his hellion stage and he is driving me CRAZY! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope your weekend has been relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the internship and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete