8.07.2012

Tag, You're It!

I just had to post after Molly at A Foreign Land gave me a Liebster award. It's award given to cool blogs that don't have huge followings. So I have to say thanks to Molly, one of my first blog friends and an awesome lady having great adventures in Chicago.

There are some rules for this award. (Tell 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions, write 11 questions, tag 11 people, and tell them.) But I'm pretty sure I've done this before and I'd probably just end up tagging the same 11 people, so I'm going to do things a little differently because I'm lame lazy busy.

I am going to answer Molly's questions. Then I'm going to write a few of my own and encourage anyone who wants to to answer them to do so, either in a blog post or in the comments here. (If you write a post, share the link in the comments so I can check it out!) And if no one wants to, my feelings won't be hurt a bit.

Here are my answers to Molly's questions:

1) What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
I'm pretty sure it was Hunger Games. Wait, there was something after that. But I can't remember what it was...

Oh wait, it was the Avengers. I think. Pretty sure. Either way, those are the only two movies I've seen in theaters in 2012. I don't get out much.

2) What do you want to be when you grow up?
This is a question that plagues me daily. I am closing in on the last four months of (expensive) grad school and have to start applying. But what for, exactly? I'd like to be working in something related to sports and the digital space, but I don't really have a "dream" position in mind. I'm more about the journey.

3) What would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike Bar?
Well, I'm pretty full right now, so probably not much. Generally though, I don't mind being a little silly. :)

4) Superman, Batman, or Iron Man?
Of recent versions, Iron Man is my favorite, mostly because of his snarky wit. Batman is a close second. His voice is a little much, but I love the series (and still haven't seen Dark Knight Rises). I could take or leave Spiderman. Plus I have an aversion (*cough* fear) of spiders.

5) How many brothers and sisters do you have and where are you in the birth order?
I have a younger brother and sister. First borns unite!

6) What is your favorite season?
Where I live, summertime, for sure. We don't get ridiculous heat in the PNW, like the rest of the country does. Instead it's sunny, gorgeous, green, and the days are long. Pretty wonderful.

7) Are you more of an early riser or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl, though this summer has found me waking up early than I would normally choose to. A combination of a puppy and tons of relatives around. It's been nice to sleep until I want to since things have quieted down a little.

8) How did you come up with the name of your blog?
My blog has had two titles, "Random Stupidness" and the current "E is Random." As you can tell by the catchy creative names I've used, I really put a lot of time in it. Since I just write about whatever I feel like at the moment, I like a title that gives me a lot of room to play.

9) What's one thing that you've accomplished that you want to brag about? Go ahead! Brag!
Oh gosh. Can I come back to this when I land a job (hopefully sometime in the next four months). Not that I been a failure all my life, but that's weighing pretty heavy on my mind at the moment.

10) What book are you reading right now?
I recently started (finally!) Bossypants and I got Let's Pretend This Never Happened for my birthday. I have a few other options sitting on my night stand, plus some books that are unread on my Kindle as well. I haven't had as much time to read this summer, but I have about five weeks off once class is done and I'm looking forward to take advantage of it.

11) What would you consider your signature color?
Oh man. This is another tough question. I really like jewel tones, but I don't know if I have a "signature" color. Magenta? Emerald? Something else?

Now it's your turn to join in. Here are my questions for you:

1) If you could live anywhere in the world, know that the most important people in your life would be there as well, where would you choose?
2) What did you do after you graduated high school? (Go to college, travel the globe, start working, etc.) Be specific, I want to learn something about you!
3) Sunrise or sunset?
4) What is your favorite animal and why?
5) What does your dream retirement look like? Too far away...what does your dream vacation look like?
6) Tell me about the cause or charity that means the most to you.
7) It's Saturday morning and you have nothing that you "have" to do. What would you do with your day?
8) What is one talent you wished you had?
9) What book world would you like to live in?
10) If you could back in time to a certain point in history, what would you choose?
11) Describe your go-to outfit when you can't decide what to wear.

I'd love to hear your answers. Choose one question or answer them all. Make sure to link back if you do a blog post!

13 comments:

  1. 8) What is one talent you wished you had?

    I wish I could sing! Have a happy Tuesday and be sure to check out my low entry giveaway ending soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3) Sunrise or sunset?

    Even though I'm a total morning person, I really do love the sunset most of all. Especially when I'm relaxing and enjoying it with others. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was the perfect way to get to know you better and discover so many more things we have in common. I too am a first born, terrified not just of spiders but the entire insect species.. love chocolate and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for playing along! I know you're busy so it makes it even more fun that you took the time to join in the fun.

    I can't wait to see what you're going to do after school. Lots of exciting stuff in store for the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good question about the book world... Middle Earth I think. As an elf. Life forever, be ridiculously good looking and all that jazz - sounds quite perfect to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are always a fun way to get to know someone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish i was artistic. artistic ppl are generally good at several things, be it drawing, painting, sewing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i liked the answers! and i like that i now have some more book ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh, seriously, isn't what we want to be the number one question we are always asking ourselves?! so hard! loved getting to know you more!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. You NEED to see Dark Knight Rises, it's SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Bossypants and Let's Pretend This Never Happened. They were both so funny.

    I'll answer random questions here:

    3) Sunrise. Like you I am a totally night owl, so it is something I rarely see. When I do it is kind of special.

    8) I wish I was either a polyglot or an Olympic Gymnast, if I am giving myself random talents.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw, i just read bossypants too! adored that book!! in search of a new book right now!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete