2.23.2010

Sanity over vanity (Oh look, that rhymes)

I knew today was going to be one of those days.  The premonition came to me in the form of the start of a headache last night.

That headache continued into the morning.  When I had to get up at the crack of dawn for work.

Ok, maybe not the crack of dawn, but it was before 7am.  I know, I know, I'm a wimp.

Here's the thing though (stay tuned for lame excuse), I normally have to be at work sometime between 10am and noon.  That's right, I lead a life of luxury.

Without all the excess dollars.  Life of leisure, that's what I meant.

Not only did I have to be functioning at full mental capacity this morning at 8am, but I also was on my own, forgotten by my teammate that was supposed to be working with me.

Now I'm tired, cranky, and somewhat shaky because of all the caffeine I've consumed in a effort to hold off the ever hovering headache.

And the sun, which has graced us with its warm and inviting presence for the past week, has gone back into hiding.  It was replaced by some passing showers.

Not that I blame it, I wish I was in hiding today, too.

Although I had hoped to make it to the gym to lift some weights (I'm pretty burly like that), I've decided that sitting at home in sweats is more important.

Sanity over vanity, people.  Sanity over vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment