2.04.2010

Books, Cupcakes, and Puppies (a.k.a. everything good in this world)

Today, after my class was cancelled for work, I decided to tag along with my mother to the library for a new load of books.

We're avid readers in our house (pretty much everyone but my dad, he's more of an avid sleeper), and couldn't afford to buy every book we read.

I actually had a friend tell me a while ago that buying books for me (this was after my birthday) was like throwing money away since I read them so fast.

And it's true.  I'm a fast reader.

Not world-champion-speed-reader fast, but stay-up-all-night, read-the-last-HP-in-a-day fast.

After returning for the library, my mom and I discovered our dogs (most likely Jackson) had polished off the last of the red velvet cupcakes and spare cream cheese frosting.

On one hand, I should probably thank them for saving me from the excess sugar.  On the other hand, those cupcakes were ridiculously delicious.

So what did we do as soon as my dad got home, we went to look at puppies.  5 adorable 4-month-old, lab, collie, boxer mutts that were just screaming for a home.  Or licking our hands and getting us muddy.

Unfortunately, Jamaica (our springer spaniel) wouldn't probably survive the addition of a high energy puppy.

She is a wimp.  She barked at me when we got back from seeing the puppies because I had a hat on and she didn't recognize me.

That doesn't mean my family won't get another dog.  Those puppies just weren't the right ones.

But if someone else is interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment