10.26.2009

Just hit 'ignore'

My current employment is not your typical 9-5 job. Normally I work 4ish hours a day, maybe a little more, maybe a little less depending on the classes I've been assigned.

Today was not one of those days.

I left the house at 8am and didn't return until after 2pm, and there was not a break to be had in between.

I know, you're probably saying, "6 hours, how did you survive?!"

I didn't even get a lunch, people. And I had to walk ALL the way across campus in less than ten minutes. In the pouring rain. This isn't some small institution of higher learning either. And I left my favorite travel mug in one of the classrooms.

Feel sorry yet?

No. Good. I don't really deserve any sympathy. I know my current situation is pretty sweet. That doesn't make this change of pace easy though.

Especially since it's Monday, which I'm sure all of you are well aware of.

In truth, the worst part was not getting a lunch. It made my head cranky (as opposed to the rest of me).

So happy monday!

If your lucky, you ignored this post like the 15 random requests I got on Facebook this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment