7.26.2009

Soaking up the Sun

So I'm three days (or is it four) into my trip to Costa Rica. I spent the weekend (my birthday weekend) at Tamarindo Beach on the Pacific coast.

Our hotel was good (minus some lumpy pillows) and included a nice pool. The beach was beautiful and had some good sized wave, so large, in fact, that kayak tours were cancelled. :(

I have to say that I love what I've seen of the country so far. It's currently the rainy season, which makes for a lot of greenery.

I drove part of the way out to the beach on Friday and let me just say that I find it harder to complain about driving conditions back home. I mean, part of the drive was on a dirt "highway". Glorious.

Now it's Sunday evening and the rain is pouring. It makes me happy to be inside and relaxing after the long drive back home.

Besides, I have to rest up for more adventures to come.

(Sorry for the lack of pictures, the internet here isn't up to more than that.)

1 comment:

  1. so happy you're having fun! happy belated birthday! can't wait to see all the pics when you get back! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete