7.14.2009

Dancing Queen

Three years ago, during my junior year of college, I took a PE class called American Social Dance.

Over the course of the semester I learned a little bit about how to do East Coast Swing, Salsa, Tango, Waltz, Lindy Hop, and a few other various dances.

It was a mostly enjoyable experience--except for the afternoon when a creepy guy poked me in the stomach after dancing with me.

Since that class the only dancing I have done is country swing and a little off balance two step.

Last Thursday night, after I packed up my life, drove across the state, and stopped for a quick visit with the cousin, I went out dancing with my friend who is a master dancer.

I got to put some of those mostly forgotten skills to use.

I did a little swing dancing, absolutely butchered some blues dancing, and stumbled through some salsa.

At the end of the night when a guy said to me, "let's get out of here," (after having danced with me only once, might I add) I went home with my friend and went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. So was it that he had the nerve to poke you, or was it what he poked you with?

    ReplyDelete