I don't know if I mentioned this already or not, but I've been working starting at 5:30 a.m. every morning this week.
The funny thing is, I've always been a night owl. I still think I am, but I have managed to mostly adjust my schedule. And I haven't slept through an alarm.
(Side note: I highly recommend the sleep cycle app. It tracks your sleep and wakes you up at the best time based on that, so you aren't pulled out of a deep sleep. You do have to keep it on the bed though. But seriously, it's great.)
Anyways, work has gone pretty smoothly. We've been fairly short staffed, but my team is awesome and we've risen to the challenge. That said, I'm exhausted and on a crazy schedule, so I'm going to quickly share my awkward and awesome moments and then head to bed.
- I'm volunteering on a project that has a conference call every week and one guy continues to call me Emily. I'm the only woman on the team and I always say "Elizabeth here." So that's cool.
- The days I forget to bring my water bottle to work are awful. Today drinking coffee resulted in a dehydration headache. But I'm pretty sure I would have had a caffeine withdrawal headache otherwise. So lose-lose.
- Paying two big bills in one day. I had been feeling a little rich. Haha. (Don't worry guys, I'm not broke.)
- My lack of socializing this week. When you hit a wall around 4:30 p.m. and then just hold out a couple hours for bed, it's hard to want to do anything.
- I haven't put any clothes away all week. Holler.
- This is the one time of the year I would really like to have TV. College basketball is my thing and I'm missing out on a lot of the fun.
- Feeling like I got into a groove at work this week.
- Homemade cookies. 'Nuff said.
- Finally checking a few big things off my to-do list. Such a relief. Here's hoping for some more motivation this weekend.
- Being at work this early means there is never traffic. Next week, my normal time is going to be a bit of an adjustment, but at least a 7 a.m. start will feel like sleeping in. :)
- Things that I could like to write on the awesome list every week: sweatpants, puppy cuddles (not that I've had any for a while), showers before bed, sunshine, coffee (except when I don't drink water), warm towels, falling asleep to the sound of rain, pho, fro-yo, driving on sunny days with the windows down and music cranked.
So, what's been awkward and awesome for you this week?