After a crazy weekend and short recovery period, I headed back to work this week. The TV station where I interned this fall asked me to come back and help out during a transition period.
It's not a permanent position, but I'm flattered that they asked me back and am excited to have a paycheck for a while.
This weekend is full of fun down here in Seattle, so now I just need to get through work tomorrow to enjoy myself. Even though I didn't work a full week, I still spent most of today thinking it was Friday. Apparently it was a long day and a half at work. :)
With that, I leave you with my awkward and awesome moments from the past week.
- Lunch today was a Cherry Coke Zero and pita chips. I don't really want to talk about it. I need to work on putting lunches together for myself. Cuz this girl can't survive on that type of meal.
- I hate having notifications, unread emails, etc. Does that bug anyone else? FB especially has way to many feeds, notifications, all of that.
- My job hunt. Adding work to my schedule with hours that vary day-to-day has not made me very productive. This weekend my goal is to apply for at least five jobs. I know that's not a ton, but I have to start somewhere.
- My sleep schedule. I thought I was going to work starting at 7am everyday, but apparently it's going to be all over the place. For example, tomorrow I go in at 10am, but Monday I'll be at my desk at 5:30am. So that's fun.
- As part of the job I spend time monitoring social channels, so if you notice me tweeting more often, that's why.
- New shoes never fail to lift my mood. It's a blessing and a curse.
- Long conversations with my cousin. We can seriously talk for a long time, which is unusual for me. And we always spend at least part of the time talking about food and things to make, because we are awesome like that.
- I made an appointment to get my windshield replaced and because I don't have a deductible for that with my insurance, it's not going to cost me a cent. Yay for a non-cracked, new windshield.
I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but at this point, I'm ready for sleep. What has been awkward or awesome about your week?