I am not a person who likes talking on the phone. I never have been. In high school, I worked (briefly) in a doctor's office and I dreaded having to answer the phone.
That said, today was spent making any number of phone calls. I had a list of to-dos that I had been putting off and I finally made a list and got almost all of them done. I still have one more phone call to make (okay, maybe two), but at least everything else got a check mark beside it.
Anyways, I thought I'd take a couple minutes to recap the awkward and awesome moments of my week.
- A complete lack of motivation. I was only successful today in getting things done because I made a list. (Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there.) Next week, I start working again, and at 7 a.m. too, so I won't be able to be quite as lazy going forward.
- The place where I'm house sitting has an old school rotary phone and the ring is so loud. Seriously.
- There's also a mail slot in the door. The mail scares me every single day I hear it come crashing in. The first day I literally jumped. And then was embarassed because I was also still in sweats.
- My love for Biscoff cookies (or speculoos, as the non-branded name goes). I bought a package at World Market (a.k.a. the most dangerous store ever) over the weekend and they were gone by Tuesday. Tomorrow I plan on attempting to bake some of my own. Bad plan? Probably.
- I finally watched the first episode of Downton tonight. I know many of you have seen the whole season already, but I've been saving it. While it seemed a little slow, I love the dialogue and varying unfolding plot lines. Plus, a friend came over to watch while we snacked and enjoyed some wine, so it was a pretty perfect evening.
- I'm headed to Portland for the weekend with my mom. One of my oldest friends, since we were months old, got engaged and her family is having a party. Then we'll watch the Seahawks (win, fingers crossed!).
- But first, I'm having brunch with some lovely ladies I met via blogging and social media. It's so fun to see community formed through the Internet.
Apparently most of my awesomes are in the future, but at least I have something to look forward to. What have been the awkward or awesome moments in your week?