8.16.2011

Ten on Tuesday: Working It

Today's Ten on Tuesday is all about work.  You can join in over at Roots and Rings.  Thanks, as always, to Chelsea for hosting.  (Click here to see pictures of her adorable family!)

1. What do you do for a living?
I'm a transcriber at a local university, providing communication access for deaf and hard-of-hearing students.

2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
I have a few: the hours (only working when class is in session), the constant challenge, and the kick butt hourly wage.

3. What’s your least favorite thing about your job?
That it's only hourly and that the atmosphere (when I'm in the actual office) can be pretty negative.  Also, there's nowhere to advance.

4. If you weren’t a ____________, what would you be?
I'd love to work in media relations/communications at the collegiate or Olympic level of sports again.  I miss it.

5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would every pay you for?
I'd love to get paid to sleep.  That would be pretty awesome.  Or to cook for myself.  What?  Is that unrealistic?

6. If you could have any job for exactly one day, what would it be?
I'd love to be a big name actress for the day.  I can't act, but it'd be fun to get dressed up for an awards show, get some awesome swag, and have everyone compliment my (presumably) tiny waist and impeccable style.

7. If you had to do manual labor, what would you do?
Well, since I've mowed lawns every summer since I was in high school, I'd probably go with that.  Although, I think learning construction would be awesome just for the skills.

8. What is something you were forced to learn in high school that was supposed to be super important, but you never actually use?
It was third grade, but cursive seems to be pretty pointless.  The only time it has come up was on the GRE forms.

9. Who was your favorite boss? Why?
This is a tough one.  Really, picking my favorite anything is hard for me.  I can't really think of a bad boss situation (I'm pretty lucky).  I'll get back to you on this one.  (But I probably won't.)

10. Where would you rather work: Dunder Mifflin Paper Company (The Office), Wernham Hogg Paper Company (The Office, UK), or Initech (Office Space)?
I hate the idea of phone sales, but Initech seemed like it would suck the life from you, so I'd probably choose Dunder Mifflin for the entertainment value of the people there.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you didn't say your favorite boss was the co-founder of your lawn-care business. Duh!

    ReplyDelete