8.09.2011

Ten on Tuesday: Computer Time

1. Mac or Windows? (Or Linux for you super geeks!)
I'm a Mac girl and have been for about 7 or 8 years.

2. What drew you to that operating system?
Dependability, and the high price tag.  I don't want to replace my computer very often, or have major repair problems very soon.

3. Mice – Wireless or Wired? Mouse pad or none?
Just the touch pad on my computer, but I've recently been working on learning key strokes so I can use the mouse less and less.  If I really need a mouse, I do have a wireless one.

4. Other than the Internet – What do you use your computer most for?
Wait, there's something other than the internet.  A LOT of what I currently do on the computer in online.  Other than the very important business such as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, blogs, and email, I use the computer for work and will be using it a ton for school starting in a little over a month.  (Eek!)

5. What’s one computer-related thing you wish you were best at? (CSS, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)
I'm going with two: all things Adobe and HTML code.

6. Describe the first time you ever used a computer.
I don't remember even a little bit.  We had a computer when I was pretty young, 7 or 8 maybe, and I don't really remember how I used it.  To play a game maybe, since I know I wasn't emailing much then.  I do remember typing games and the Oregon Trail from school though.

7. How often do you upgrade to a new operating system?
Well, I have been putting off upgrading to OSX Lion, mostly because my computer is about to hit the 3 year mark and I'm a little bit afraid of slowing it down.  It has been out for a week or so now, so I'm pretty much slacking.  Before that, I upgraded earlier this year when I purchased more memory as well.

8. Are you a short-cutter (CTRL+C) or a right-clicker?
Total short-cutter.

9. Is computer-use a constant thing in your life (such as using it both at work and home) or do you get a break (because you don’t use them at work)?
Definitely constant, unless I'm mowing lawns.  But my job is pretty much staring at a computer screen constantly.  And at home, well, it takes a lot of my free time.

10. Where do you think the world would be if personal computers did not exist?
I can't even imagine.  Computers are used for everything now and pretty much affect every aspect of life.  At my last visit to the dentist, the hygienist orally recorded all my fillings onto the computer.  I scanned and emailed my vaccination records in for grad school.  It's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment