5.18.2010

Laziness

I've become pretty lazy recently.

The gym has only seen my smiling and sweaty face once in the past two months.  Add to that a couple of outdoor runs and you have the sum total of all my work outs recently.

However, I am mowing lawns with my dad.  In fact, a couple weeks ago we mowed 32 lawns in 5 days.

Maybe lazy isn't the right word for it.

I miss my visits to the gym.  Believe me.  I miss them.

But between lawn mowing and my real job, one physically taxing and the other mentally taxing, I just can't seem to find the energy to get up in the morning.  Or take advantage of a rainy afternoon.

Luckily for me mowing lawns is hard work.  So I'm not turning in a flabby mess.  In fact, I've been able to maintain pretty well, without having to worry about what I'm eating too much (case in point, 3 pieces of banana bread).

But it's still frustrating and a little difficult not to feel guilty.

I can't wait for the summer, when I'll have the time (and hopefully the energy) to get some good workouts in.

No comments:

Post a Comment