I wanted to share some links and things from the Internet. I used "also" because I am certainly not the first person to find and share these things, but I'm sharing them anyways. A pretty good way to waste a little time if you're bored this Tuesday.
A quick note, too: since I'm without regular Internet access I haven't been commenting much, but I promise I'm still reading. Hopefully in the next week or two, life will be back to normal.
- You probably heard about the Daniel Tosh rape joke debacle on the internets this week. This post by Lindy West was my favorite response. Definitely worth a read.
- Find out where you fall on the global fat scale. (Spoiler alert: as a person from the U.S., you're going to be heavier. 1st world = more than enough food = heavier than poor people)
- Want to know what's illegal and ridiculous here in Washington State:
- The best wedding site ever. Literally. I dare you to show me one that is better.
- An incredibly cool map of tweets happening around the world. Almost 30% of tweet takes place in the US. Check out the site, play with the settings, and read all the stats. Pretty interesting.
- These Russian gymnasts. How is all of that humanly possible?
- These descriptions of news interview subjects. My favorites are either "names vacuums with eyes closed" or "not wearing any pants," but they are all absolutely hilarious.
- I love running to DJ mashups. The rhythm stays pretty consistent and the variety keeps me from being bored. I've enjoyed Girl Talk for a long time, but recently started enjoying Milkman. (Bonus, you can download Milkman's albums for free!)
Have you stumbled across anything good recently? Feel free to share links in the comments!