I'm back at my apartment for the first time in a while. And I'm staying for a week or so.
I'm looking forward to a little space for myself, at least for a day or two, and some quiet time to get work done. I left class tonight feeling like I have a lot of work to get done in the next six weeks or so.
For now, I'm relaxing and enjoying the chance to sleep in tomorrow without a puppy dog or two to wake me up.
Now, on to a summary of my week.
- The puppy used my glasses as a chew toy. And I didn't have a spare, so I had to wear contacts way more than my eyes appreciated and use my sunglasses inside. I was pretty cool.
- I put on sunscreen this morning, but missed a few spots. I have some really weird burned spots.
- Realizing that my class tonight is going to require way more work than I thought it would before the end of the quarter.
- My hair right now. I attempted to dye it lighter for the summer and now I have a weird reverse ombre with roots going on. I don't even know how to describe it.
- My cravings for sweets have gotten a little out of hand. With family visiting I'm constantly in vacation mode.
- A trip up to Vancouver that included seeing Taming of the Shrew in a park.
- Champagne grapes as a snack. Seriously, try them!
- My parents got an above ground pool and the weather makes it lovely. I actually worked from their patio this morning just to enjoy it.
- Maybe having a place to live for the fall. I'm meeting up with someone to discuss the possibility this weekend.
- As rambunctious as a puppy can be, I am loving my parents' new lab Cade. He's really laid back (for a puppy) and incredibly smart. My next plan: teach him how to high five.
What has been awkward or awesome about your week?