I know, I know. This is late. But seriously, this week has kicked my butt. I was driving back to work-home after class Tuesday night, and for the first time this quarter I felt completely exhausted.
But I've made it half way through and we were told in orientation that this first quarter is the hardest. And once I get through this weekend and next week and a few more weeks after that, I will be on break. So that's not so bad, right?
I have been working on my list of Awkwards and Awesomes, so I wanted to share, even if I am a day late.
- how sweaty biking too and from campus makes me. Not that it stops me, but I don't have to like it.
- my level of tiredness this evening. Yesterday was long, this morning was early, and I was not as productive this afternoon as I had hoped. Sometimes you just have to take a break.
- a health scare with my mom last Friday involving her heart. A stressful afternoon. Things turned out much better than expected though.
- my sleep schedule. For serious, my body wakes up on its own, at the earliest, around 8:30am. But since I often have to be awake late into the night, I don't mind. The only real problem is on the two work days when I have to be up around 7:30. That's not fun.
- forgetting my homemade apple butter at my parent's house again. Someday I'll get to actually eat some.
- the amount of reading I have to get done this weekend. And of course, I'm choosing to blog right now instead.
- seeing pictures of a friend's baby sucking it's thumb in utero. So freaking adorable.
- roommate hangouts that involve long walks in the park and froyo. Yummy.
- getting to cook and bake. I've recently feel in love with sweet potatoes enchiladas and I whipped up a batch of apple butter over the weekend.
- some really beautiful fall weather. There were a few days that had the perfect fall weather. The sun was shiny and the temperature was crisp. So lovely.
- getting my hair cut and styled. It's the chance to have a hairstyle you could never replicate. I'm always determined to make them last as long as possible.
- winning a $20 gift card at a styling event with Emerald Closet at Gap last night. So fun to have my name called!
- lots of fun plans for the weekend and finally figuring out what I'm dressing up as. And not having to buy a thing for my outfit. I'll share pictures soon.
- the delicious quiche and coffee I had this morning.