12.09.2010

Multitasking

My focus over the next week (eek!) in studying for the GRE is vocabulary.  Although how many words I can learn or remember at this point is questionable.

(It doesn't help that I'm headed out of town tomorrow through Tuesday.  Maybe Mom and I will do flashcards in the car.)

Today I decided to go online for some studying action at FreeRice.com.  Have you heard of it?
Play Freerice and feed the hungry

There are 60 levels for English vocabulary.  The first few are so easy, you think you're a genius.  Seriously.  I made it to the high 30s before I started feeling stupid.  Luckily, they repeat the incorrect words and give the correct definition, which really helps me remember them.

I haven't been to the site in a while.  Now, there are other subjects you can do.  It's a little distracting and kind of takes away from my "studying" but is still pretty fun.

I tried my hand at math, Spanish, world geography, and English grammar.

The best part is that the site donates 10 grains of rice for every correct answer you get.  I'm somewhere up over 3,000 grains on the day.  So I'm studying, playing a game, and helping someone out all at the same time.

It's a pretty sweet deal.

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten all about Free Rice...off to play on my lunch break later

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got so addicted to that once!!
    And thanks for that holiday gift guide collection link...I need like, a lot of time to visit those.

    ReplyDelete