6.08.2010

Movies These Days

I'm so behind on updating the world about my life that I can't even handle it.  So instead I'm going to write about an unrelated and inconsequential topic.

Movies.

I was looking at Blockbuster's website today for New Releases.  Because I rarely make it to the movie theaters, for a plethora of reasons, I can pretty much always find a new release that I have been meaning to see.

This week my mission was complicated by the fact that I am supposed to be searching for the "ultimate chick flick," for the girls to watch the night before my cousin's wedding.

I haven't really been given that many responsibilities for this wedding, so I feel like this is something I can't mess up.

The pressure is on, people.

Which is why I found myself on Blockbuster's site, not somewhere I usually browse on a weekday afternoon, or ever.

And I was far to distracted by some of the movies coming out to seriously consider my mission.

First of all, Getting High in the Barrio.  I don't feel like I need to say too much about that one besides "what the heck?!".  I didn't read the movie description so there's always the chance it has some hidden meaning other than the obvious, but I kind of doubt it.

Secondly, Ghostwriters.  Raise your hand if you watched that show growing up.  *Hand raised.*  That show is the reason my brother wanted to be Jamal, I'm pretty sure.

Finally, the title The Suicide Terrorist also caught my eye.  Who comes up with these movie ideas, and better yet, who feels the need to fund them.

All that said, I'm no closer to a movie for Friday night.  Any suggestions (new release or classic flick) would be welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment