6.17.2010

Back on the Benchpress Again

I hit the gym today for the first time in about a month.  It's been long enough that the guy working at the front desk said, "I haven't seen you in a while."

I like to think that was a compliment to my previous attendance.

And I have been busy.  Seriously.

The good news is that I've been mowing lawns all spring, so while my muscles will be stiff and tight in the morning, the workout itself went pretty well.

And I've pretty much eaten whatever I've wanted without seeing any change in my weight.  Ideal, no.  Awesome, yes.

I did a workout circuit, 9 exercises back-to-back-to-back, 10-15 reps of each exercise, and going through the circuit 3 times with a couple minute rest in between.

I like the circuits because I keep my heart rate up and they go more quickly than if I did each move individually.  Plus, you can change the exercises you do every time to keep things interesting.

After I stretched it out a little (not that stretching will make a big difference tomorrow), I ran just over 1.5 miles on the treadmill.

That was probably the best part for me.  The run was easy and smooth, and it came after lifting.  Overall, an excellent trip to the gym.

Here's to hoping it's not another month before I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment