6.21.2010

The Farmer's Market


One of my favorite parts of summer is the local farmer's market.  I don't get there often, but when I do, I always enjoy the visit.

On Saturday morning I had the chance to spend some time with my friend downtown.  And after a stop by a favorite breakfast spot, the Little Cheerful, for some peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes (delish!), we decided to meander over to the market.

It was a lovely Saturday morning, which have been few and far between here in Bellingham.

My friend and I took advantage of the weather and the market.

The result: henna tattoos and smoothies we mixed ourselves.

The smoothies were the result of genius and a bit of true local flavor.  My Northwest town has a strong hippie vibe and a very strong desire to be green.

Part of being green often involves riding a bike instead of driving (although, not for me because I'm scared to death of riding on the main street we live off of).

The smoothie stand uses bikes attached to blenders to create the smoothies.  With just a minute or two of peddling, you can have a fresh, delicious smoothie.

It was wonderful.

Too bad I don't have a bike.  I might try to rig to it at home, too.  Think of the possibilities: blenders, food processors, mixers...powered all by bicycle.

For now, I may have to settle for another trip to the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment