4.08.2010

The Blow Dryer

I decided to straighten my hair this morning, because a) I didn't have to be at work until noon and b) because I wasn't mowing in the afternoon so I could wear it straight again tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm not particularly good at straightening my hair.

I think it's mostly because I don't have the patience.  It takes a long time to get my hair blow dried.

Actually, it takes a long time for my hair to dry.  Period.

Plus, when straightening it, finishing blow drying does not mean the process is done.  Because even blow dried my hair is not especially straight or smooth.

Although, again, that's an issue of patience.  And being cheap.  If I had a nice blow dryer + alligator attachment (I know, I'm way behind the times), my hair would probably dry a lot faster.  And nicer.

But I only straighten my hair once in a blue moon, so it's not really worth spending the money.

Today, it was worse than just losing patience and ending up with poofy, frizzy hair.

Today, I managed to singe my hair with my hair dryer.

After I got out of the shower, I put in leave-in conditioner to try to tame some of my frizz.

But apparently the combination of the conditioner and my super hot blow dryer was a bad one.

The next thing I knew, I had a white, ashy, circular shape mark in my hair.  Pieces of hair were singed together and clumps started falling out.

It wasn't pretty and I can only imagine how much beautiful that spot will look as my hair grows out.

I don't think I'll be straightening my hair anytime soon.  I can tell you that much.

Update: There is actually no way to part my hair so the singed section doesn't show.  This is awesome.  Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment