11.13.2007

Fire

Before I really begin my first post, I want to warn you. This blog will almost never be clever, witty, or remarkable. But it will be me. Or as much me as I can manage at that moment. That's my friendly public service announcement for the day.

I am sitting in my living room, watching a fire that I built. I love fire!!! But mostly I love fire in a safe, contained fireplace, stuck behind a metal curtain. And sometimes that is how I like my life. Safe, contained without a chance of really becoming dangerous or unsafe. I don't think that's a bad thing, usually, but sometimes I am probably a little too safe. I get focused on staying in my contained little space, and forget to really live my life.

But don't worry, I am not planning on burning the house down. Besides, it's a rental and I don't think I'd get my security deposit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment