5.12.2013

Help bail me out of jail!

In 10 days I’m going to jail. And I need your help to bail me out.

Now, before you freak out, you should know I’m getting locked up to help raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Any and all bail money I raise will go towards support and services local families need to deal with their situation.

1 million Americans are affected by muscular diseases, which often progress rapidly. For example, those with Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS) are often only given a few years to live.

My goal: to raise $3,200. It seems like a lot, but it will cover annual costs for one child with a muscular disease.

Look, this isn’t really about me. And any money you can give will make a huge difference.

I have a personal fundraising page here, and could even win a pizza party for 20 if I raise enough. If you give, that would definitely include you!

So please, if you have an extra $5, $20, whatever, would you mind clicking over and giving a little.

Don’t just do it to get me out of jail. MDA helps kids get treatment, support, and sends them to a summer camp where they can just be a kid. Pretty awesome right?!

Give a little for Daniel, who has to sit out most sports because of leg weakness or Destiny who missed out on prom because she was in and out of the hospital so much.

Seriously, anything would be appreciated!

And if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email (lizard22w (at) gmail). I’d love to talk more about it.

If you do give some money, let me know and I'll show you some love here, on Twitter, or Facebook.

And if you don't have anything to spare, I'd love it if you help me out by sharing my campaign with your networks. It would mean so much.


(As a sidenote, asking for money does not come naturally to me at all. But this is such a great cause. In fact, I gave money myself. But I can pay $3,200 myself. So help me out.)


Disclaimer: I will be posting about this more over the next 10 days. On the plus side, that means I’ll be blogging more.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you succeeded in shocking me, so I'll make a donation. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool fundraiser! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete