Hence that ridiculously long run-on sentence.
I'm feeling a bit exhausted, but excited for things coming up. There are a lot of fun plans and possibilities to look forward to. And I have a lot to be thankful for even if that's not always easy to remember.
Here are a few things I'm counting as blessings:
- I never expected to have a job in a TV newsroom. I'm feeling more confident at work, have been asked to stay around a little longer, and I love my coworkers.
- Even though moving is a pain and am still not settled, I am so happy to be staying with my great aunt and uncle. Hello, free home cooked dinners! (I earn my keep by washing dishes.)
- While I feel unsettled, I have built a great community of friends and support here in Seattle. I have almost too much to do. And it makes me happy.
- I was reminded this weekend of how much I love my family. I've grown up close to my cousins and even as we've become very different adults, we are still able to enjoy and love each other. And turn any question or comment into something ridiculous and a little (or a lot) inappropriate. For example, adding "shirt on or off" when sharing our favorite celebrity crush. Love it!
- I feel like I haven't been putting as much energy into my blog, but I love the friends I've made and continue to connect with. And thanks to the new followers who've just recently stopped by. Each and every comment means the world to me.
- Some really delicious meals. I love food, but I often take it for granted. I don't ever go hungry. I have huge variety. And I have people in my life who cook well. This past week has involved a lot of really wonderful meals.
What are you grateful for right now that maybe you've taken for granted?