8.21.2013

Currently: Resting up

I've been taking it easy this week, outside of work that is. And it's been so nice. I've needed some recovery time after all the craziness life has brought. Plus, I have a trip coming up that will require some higher-than-normal energy levels.

So while I'm staying low-key, I thought I'd play a little catch up with a currently post. It's been a while since I've done one, so why not?

Reading: Confession, I barely read anymore. And I'm pretty sure I have technology to blame. I've started a few different books in recent months, but unless I have a day to get through one, it gets set aside and forgotten. This fall, I'm hoping to change that.

Feeling: Like I'm in the groove. While the summer has been crazy with buying a place, moving and weddings, I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be. I'm content. And it's really nice. It's been a long time since I've been settled somewhere, so I'm going to enjoy it however long it lasts.

Excited for: Travel! Labor Day weekend I'm headed to Tennessee for a good friend's wedding celebration that includes a college football game. It's going to be a ton of fun and require a lot of energy. I can't wait. I also booked a plane ticket to visit my sis over Thanksgiving today. And I'm planning to take a week off in October do some more traveling locally. I haven't been on a plane in over a year, which is completely abnormal. I'm excited to get some more miles in.

Also, I'm really excited for football season, fantasy football, Saturdays on the couch watching as much as possible, and I get to work on the sidelines of 5 Seahawks games. It's going to be awesome.

Wishing: I had a gym membership. Yes, I could be proactive and go outside for some exercise (the horror) and I should, but I really miss lifting weights, which does not happen outside. There's a gym a few blocks away with a $10/month membership, so I may go for that once life settles down a bit. (And after I make my first mortgage payment.)

Eating/drinking: Anything that takes only minutes to prepare. This week, I've been enjoying French bread, cheese and grapes, avocado on toast, and apple slices dipped in honey peanut butter yogurt. If I can get it ready in five minutes, then I'm all for it.

Watching: I've mentioned it before, but I have been addicted to Suits recently. Tonight I caught up though, so it's almost time to find a new fascination. I have a couple shows I've been wanting to watch, now I just have to pick one. Funny, serious, old, new, short, long...I can't decide. Feel free to leave a suggestion in the comments.

What are you up to, currently?

11 comments:

  1. i've gotta check out suits!! i haven't read more than a few pages here and there. i'm visiting my fam thisweekend, which always gives me a good excuse to hide out and read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eating / drinking schedule sounds a lot like mine. I'm glad that things are back to some semblance of normalcy... just in time for football to completely disrupt our weekends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to start watching Suits, the commercials make it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Suits, So behind though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hard this show is wonderful and I can't believe I've never seen it. I need to buy it on DVD. BTW I am now following your wonderful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10/month membership!!! omg...that makes mine seem ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girlfriends are watching Suits, I'm the only one behind, so I guess I'll have to start watching, see what it is about! I've been reading some, though..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! I'm currently looking forward to fall, too. Well... mostly football. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never read anymore either, and I hate it! I majored in English, so I used to read all the time. I miss it a lot. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maaan, everybody is hooked to Suits! I've only watched the 1st episode, not addicted yet.. :))

    ReplyDelete