4.02.2013

Easter weekend and other meandering thoughts

Happy almost Wednesday everyone!

I keep meaning to post, but since I spend my entire day staring at screens (at least three of them), opening my laptop is often the last thing I want to do at the end of the day.

But I want to blog, so it's quite the conundrum. Sometimes, like tonight, I just push through to make it happen.

So tonight's post is brought to you by bleary eyes and extra slow internet that is making my life a pain.

You know this is going to be something special. (Or not.)


I went up to my parents' house this past weekend. Again. Last week I mostly went to watch basketball. This week I went to watch basketball and because it was Easter.


And the weekend was pretty much perfect.

First of all, we got our first few really nice, warm spring days. It almost got up to 70 on Sunday. My sister and I celebrated by taking the puppy (who is know 100 pounds and a year old) on a run.


We spent a good chunk of time outside. We went to brunch for Easter. I got a ton of cuddles in on the couch with the dogs.

And we watched basketball, because that's what we do in my family. (Let's just not talk about the Louisville player who broke his leg. Gruesome.)


My sister and I also visited an awesome little beer/wine store that has 12 beers on taps, lots of fun varieties, and free tastings.

Like I said, the weekend was pretty much perfect.


Yesterday, I got to start my Monday a little later than normal. Hooray for getting to sleep in a bit, especially since I did not get enough sleep this weekend.

Then last night, I went to see my great aunt's choir perform. Not only was the music lovely, but there were cookies and sparkling cider afterwards.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?

11 comments:

  1. The dogs look like perfect company for a low key weekend. Can I borrow them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing those views and those doggy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back to visit the parents this last weekend, too. It was a good weekend back- and I seem to be opposite of you as I got to catch up on much needed sleep... so relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those photos are gorgeousssss. i hung with wesley all w/e because mark was out of town, it was grey/snowy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an awesome Easter! We celebrated on Saturday with my family because we both had to work Sunday... I think I'm already into overtime this week and it's only Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Sounds like a great weekend. I envy the cuddles with the pups on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, look at the doggies, adorable! I'm going to celebrate 2 Easters, 1 here in Finland, and 1 in May, according to the orthodox calendar, as I am an orthodox, so I get to eat more chocolate eggs, which might not be that good though, in the end..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful and great weekend indeed :) what adorable furry friends! I love that pre-sunrise picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my easter was not great, minus celebrating a certain pup's bday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand the whole "I spend all day on the laptop so I'm sick of it, but want to blog when I get home" conundrum.

    And the pups are too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete