I was super excited to get an email and tweet from Sarah at Life as Always letting me know she had given me an award.
I don't remember how Sarah and I found each other in the blog world, but it's been a blast to get to know her virtually. She and her husband are expecting their first little one and I'm super excited for them!
Back to the award...this award is recognizes bloggers who brighten your day.
1. Include the award logo in your post. (check)
2. Link to the person (Sarah) who nominated you. (check)
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself. (see below)
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them! (see below)
1. What's the nicest thing someone else has done for you?
I've been lucky to have some pretty amazing people in my life so it's hard to choose one thing. But I'll go old school for this. When I was in middle school I had four teeth pulled plus some other dental work done all at once. It was pretty brutal. My brother (younger) knew I wasn't feeling well and used his savings to buy a moving for me to watch. So thoughtful!
2. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
This list could be long. Isn't part of being a kid is having unrealistic dreams? Here are a few things I always hoped for: a horse, to play in the NBA (ha!), and siblings that didn't drive me nuts (just kidding, we love each other now).
3. What is your most impressive skill?
I'm pretty good at mental math. My sister likes to take me shopping so I can calculate sale prices.
For my most impressive skill, though, I would probably say my ability to adapt. I consider myself pretty good at being put into a new situation/meeting new people/etc. and being easy-going enough to make it work. It's only later I that I let people know how stubborn I am.
4. What would you refuse to do for one million dollars?
Kill or physically hurt someone. Commit a felony. I'm sure there's more, but I won't know for sure until someone asks for real. $1 million is a lot of money (especially for someone with student loans and a mortgage).
5. If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you like to watch on TV?
When Harry Met Sally is definitely a go to movie for me. I also really like the Oceans (11, 12, 13).
6. If fat, calories, cholesterol, etc. were not an issue, what two foods would you feast on?
Chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Queso dip and chips. Those were the first two that popped into my head, so I'll go with them.
7. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
I didn't actually meet him, but I sat just a few chairs away from Ashton Kutcher once. Does that count?
8. What is the greatest pain you have ever suffered?
Major migraines. I've been lucky enough to be pretty healthy, but I do get migraines somewhat regularly. Every once in a while I'll get one bad enough that I throw up, which is pretty much the worst feeling ever.
9. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?
10. How do you like to relax?
Catching up on TV shows, baking/cooking, catching up on blogs, spending a lot of the time on the couch watching sports, being outside in the sunshine (when it shows up).
My nominations and questions:
I read a lot of great blogs, so it's hard to narrow it down to a list of those that always make me smile. If you're here reading this, consider yourself nominated. Answer the questions in a post (if you're looking for content) or in the comments below. I just find it really fun to get to know each of more!
(P.S. Sorry I'm not sorry for taking the easy way out.)
1. What's one nickname you've had that you have hated and who gave it to you?
2. Who is one person you've tried to model yourself after?
3. How do you recharge?
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. Where is one place you've always dreamed of vacationing?
6. If had to be one a reality TV show, but could choose, which one would you be on?
7. What is one dessert you can never say "no" to?
8. If you could spend time with any living person for the day, who would it be?
9. Is there a commercial that can make you tear up? What one?
10. What is your go-to karaoke song?